Release Date: Initially released 7/13/2016. Final patch released 9/22/2016.
- Updated Nutrition Facts Labels and Regulations to follow the new 2016 guidelines. Both the 1990 and 2016 regulations can be used by going to Edit Label>General>Category.
- Added expanded fields for dietary fiber to follow the new FDA regulations on dietary fiber.
- Field name Dietary Fiber has been renamed to Total Dietary Fiber.
- Field name Soluble Fiber has been renamed to Total Soluble Fiber.
- Field name Insoluble Fiber has been renamed to Total Insoluble Fiber.
- 6 new Fields added: Dietary Fiber (2016), Soluble Fiber (2016), Insoluble Fiber (2016), Other Dietary Fiber (2016), Other Soluble Fiber (2016), Other Insoluble Fiber (2016).
- Added Regulations in Preferences>General for the 1990 US regulations and 2016 US regulations. Changing between these will adjust the percent daily value of nutrients for the selected regulation.
- Nutrient Content Claims will now select the best claim possible by default.
- Food Menus will now save custom order.
- Carbohydrates (Available) is no longer a calculated field. It is now independent of Carbohydrates and Fiber.
- Using the Search and Replace tool will now update the Modified Date of the items affected.
- Added the ability to resize the Ingredient Statement dialog box.
- When attempting to delete items, if the item is in use, Genesis will now show where the item is used, and what item type the item is.
- Added the ability to re-organize recipes in Advanced Labels.
- Added the ability to customize the Quick Access toolbar in the top left side of the application.
- Created a new default Nutrients to View set for the amino acids that make up a complete protein.
- Created new default Nutrients to View sets for both Mexico and EU labels. Sets for both the mandatory nutrients for the label and voluntary are included.
- Added the ability to create Groups folders in the base “Groups” folder.
- Added FIPS algorithm policy detection.
- Recipe alternate names will no longer appear when exporting the ingredient statement if there is no alternate name.
- The default path for label settings (.lxl) files standardized to Appdata
- Fixed recipes sorting by quantity. Previously decimal places would not sort correctly.
- Fixed a bug that would not prompt you to save changes to an ingredient if you only change one field.
- Fixed a memory leak involving allergens.
- Fixed a bug where item names would limit words to 70 characters (without spaces)
- Cost and user-defined nutrients should now work for the F5 nutrient search.
- Nutrient Content Claims will now work based on label values. This will fix some rare issues with selecting incorrect claims.
- Nutrient Content Claims will now show the claims for the country that the label is regulated by only.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the ingredient would not get marked as [Ingredient name]* to denote it had been changed but not saved.
- Recipe alternate names maximum length now 1000 characters. This fixed an error when attempting to create a user-generated ingredient statement for recipes.
- Food Menu user code maximum length now 1000 characters
- Fixed a bug where Nutrient Content Claims would sometimes become unchecked when using yield adjustments.
- Fixed a bug where Genesis would sometimes crash when checking the “Show” box in Edit Label>Object Properties.
- Fixed the “Export Report” operation for Ingredients. It would sometimes only export “Undefined Functionality”
- Fixed a bug that would cause Genesis to crash after attempting to “Save As” then canceling the save.
- Fixed a bug where word wrapping would cause paragraphs to overlap each other.
- Fixed a bug where Genesis would crash if you saved a new Food Menu, then unchecked a category.
- [EU Label Only] Fixed a bug where Portions Per Container would not show up in the “Show” menu in Advanced Labels.
- [EU Label Only] Changed the label text for Vitamin A to properly say “Vitamin A mcg”.
- Fixed a bug where unchecking “Ingredient Statement” would also uncheck “Characteristics” in the Food Menu Report
- Fixed a bug where the ingredient weight in the “Nutrients” page would show 6 decimal places, even if Preferences is set to show less.
- Database structure version 11.1.0 required for Genesis 11.1.x
- USDA Database: SR-28 (Updated)
- Canadian Database: CNF 2010 (Unchanged)
- Total foods in the database: 72,605 (including Canadian Nutrient File, Mexico, and UK databases, and additional optional databases)
- Foods Added or Changed:
- Food manufacturers added or updated: A.1., Applegate Farms, Athenos, Bakers, Bob’s Red Mill, Boca Foods, Breakstone’s, Bull’s Eye, California Pizza Kitchen, Capri Sun, Chobani, Claussen, Cool Whip, Corn Nuts, Country Time, Cracker Barrel Cheeses, Crystal Light, DNI Group, Eden, Edensoy, Ener-G, Enfagrow, Enfamil, Fage, Good Seasons, Grey Poupon, Jell-O, Jet-Puffed, Knudsen Dairy, Kool-Aid, Kraft, Kraft Singles, Maxwell House International, McCormick, Mead Johnson, Minute Rice, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters, Polly-O, Postum, Shake’N Bake, Stove Top
- Restaurants added or updated: Andy’s Frozen Custard, Arby’s, Baja Fresh, Baskin Robbins, Checkers, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Chuck E. Cheese, Church’s Chicken, CiCi’s Pizza, Cold Stone Creamery, Domino’s, Einsteins Bagel’s, Fazoli’s, Five Guys, In-N-Out Burger, Jersey Mikes, Jimmy John’s, Krispy Kreme, Manhattan Bagels, Mrs. Fields Cookies, Noah’s Bagels, NrGize, Olive Garden, On The Border, Orange Julius, P.F. Chang, Papa Johns, Popeyes, Pret A Manger, Rally’s, Schlotzsky’s, Taco Del Mar, Whataburger, Zaxby’s
- ESHA Port version 4.0.x unchanged
- ESHA Security version 4.0.x unchanged
- Notes for the newest ESHA Port and Security versions can be found here.
- Internet Connection required for installation. DVD available on request for an additional cost.
- Minimum of 2GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Client OS: Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP1), Windows SBS 2011 (SP1), Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Update1)
- SQL Server versions supported: SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 (including Express versions)
- .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later and .NET 3.5
- Visual C++ 2015 32 bit (installed with application)
- Click here for instructions on running the program on a Mac
Release Date: 7/20/2016
- Fixed a bug where some older recipes would not open and give the error:
- Failed to create base food item. Reason failed to allocated base foods itemdax GetField : long : CategoryRule : Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.ADO Errors: 0
Release Date: 8/12/2016
- Corrected Simplified Nutrition Facts (2016) labels to allow Added Sugars to go into the “Is not a significant source of …” statement if insignificant.
- Moved the feature “Show ‘not a significant source of protein’ when insignificant” to the Nutrient Options tab of Edit Label
- Added a “Compare To” profile for the new 2016 label regulations
- Changed the calories font size in Supplement Facts (2016) to be correct with the revised regulations
- Removed the possibility of Added Sugars to move to the second column while Total Carbs are in the first column in a tabular Supplement Facts label
- Connected the bottom column border of Dual Column labels as shown in the new regulations
- Removed the footnote in Canadian tabular simplified labels
- Fixed a bug where Folic Acid would sometimes show up as 0 mcg if you changed the nutrient setting to display as 0 if under 2%, even if there was more than 2% of it in the formula
- Voluntary nutrient Folic Acid will now show properly on dual column (2016) labels
- Removed unintended category total values from the Food Menu report
- Fixed the tabular bilingual US 2016 label’s auto-resizing when Mono or Poly Fats were added as voluntary nutrients.
- Fixed a bug where the footnote symbol (dagger) would sometimes show in infant labels for values under 2%
- Fixed a bug where the values in Dual Child Labels would sometimes now appear
- Fixed a bug where changing from adult labels to child labels will give you the option to choose incorrect secondary options
- Corrected the Supplements Facts (2016) footnote to include asterisks in the correct locations.
- Corrected the default width of Child Nutrition Facts (2016) labels. They were being created too wide
- Fixed a rare case where opening a Supplement Facts (2016) label as Split would crash Genesis
- Removed the chance of Child/Infant labels showing a blank “%” symbol next to Added Sugars
- Corrected Vitamin D IU in linear bilingual Nutrition Facts (2016). It would show both IU and UI in both the English and Spanish parts. Now shows IU in English, UI in Spanish as intended.
- Fixed a bug where, if the option to show “Not a significant source of Protein” was selected for a linear bilingual Nutrition Facts (2016), it would show the gram value of protein, followed by the “Not a significant source of protein” statement.
- Fixed the new label where if the %DV was over 1000, it would not display properly
- Fixed a bug where removing a blend from a Supplement Label would leave a blank row in the label
- Removed (DV) from Supplement Label footnotes if Daily Value is fully typed out in all instances in the label
- Fixed a bug where changing from Supplement Label to Supplement Label Split in Advanced Labels would cause the application to crash when a blend had its name bolded
- Fixed the organization of nutrients in the Supplement Facts (1990) label
- Fixed the multi-column report and ingredient Print to PDF functions to remove the unintended blank column
- Fixed a bug where the “Contains less than 2 percent of the daily value of this nutrient” footnote would appear in a tabular label, but the symbol was not in the label
- Added space when showing “(Energy)” in the new label to make sure the parenthesis don’t hit the bottom line
- Unbolded %DV of items below the line (vitamins and minerals)
- Fixed a rounding rule for potassium
Release Date: 9/22/2016
- Added the ability to change the nutrients shown in the Food Menu Report. There is now a check box for “Label Nutrients Only”. If this is checked, it will only show the restaurant nutrients for the US, if unchecked it will show your Nutrients to View.
- Added an option to show Calories from Saturated Fat as 0 if below 5 on the 2016 label.
- Renamed “Other Fiber (2016)” to “Other Dietary Fiber (2016)”
- Made the minimum font size for the Nutrition Facts title on the new 2016 label 16 points, as that is the minimum that it can be.
- Added the ability to export Food Menu as exl. To export the Food Menu as text, you need to right click in the Food Menu foodlist.
- Added a button in the Food Menu for “Add Category”
- Added the option to show “<1g” for Added Sugars, Dietary Fiber (2016), Soluble Fiber (2016), and Insoluble Fiber (2016).
- Potassium can now be added to the “Contains less than 2%” statement.
- Added “Show even if insignificant” option for Dietary Fiber (2016), Soluble Dietary Fiber (2016), and Insoluble Dietary Fiber (2016).
- Removed the “Use Rounding Rules amended Oct 2010” option for Mexican labels, as this is now the mandatory rounding rules.
- Fixed a bug where the Show Allergens check box in the Food Menu Report would not stay checked when closing and opening Genesis.
- Changed the “Hide Vitamin A, C, Calcium, and Iron” label option to be “Hide Vitamin D, Potassium, Calcium, and Iron” for the 2016 label.
- Fixed a bug where a ? could show up in the footnote of a Supplement Facts label.
- Removed unintended extra white space under Added Sugars in 2016 Supplement Facts labels.
- Changed the rounding rules for the Food Menu to be set to the 1990 regulations, as that is what the US restaurant labeling regulations are set for.
- Fixed the significant figure rounding rules for the EU label.
- Fixed the label for “Child Toddler, 1 to <2 yrs” Canadian label. It had said “US Child Toddler, 1 to <2 yrs”.
- Not all insignificant nutrients were being removed from supplement labels by default. They will now be hidden unless you check the box for “Show Insignificant Nutrients”.
- Fixed the footnote for 2016 supplements labels for Children 1 through 3 years to be based on a 1,000 calorie diet instead of 2,000.
- Fixed a bug where the reports would expand all items when printing. The report should now print as seen in the report.
- Fixed a bug where the calorie footnote would appear on a 2016 supplement facts label when no nutrients were on the label that would contribute to calories.
- Removed the ability to edit yields on ESHA ingredients.
- Removed the extra, unintended hairline under the calories line in the simplified/tabular Nutrition Facts.
- Volume measurement can again be used for servings sizes in Advanced Labels.
- Fixed a bug where 2016 Nutrition Facts labels were unable to use ml in place of g calculated serving size.
- Fixed the Dietary Fiber nutrient content claims for 2016 nutrition facts labels.
- Added Spanish translations for child dual column 2016 labels.
- Fixed saving and loading label settings file to allow selection of 1990 or 2016 regulations.
- Removed an unnecessary asterisk on simplified 2016 labels when hiding the standard footnote.
- Food Menus can now be organized and will save the custom order.
- Fixed a bug where carbohydrates will get cut off in a 2016 US bilingual label.
- Fixed spacing on Mexican labels where calories title and values would overlap.
- Removed unnecessary spacing on Canadian linear label at the bottom.
- Database structure version 11.1.1 required for Genesis 11.1.1388