Release Date: Initial release: 11/29/2016. Most recent patch version: 11.2.224 (released 12/8/2016).
Notes for patches found below initial version release notes.
The newest version can always be downloaded from accounts.esha.com.
11.2 Initial Release Notes (Version 11.2.177)
- Added a function to create a Dual Column label within a recipe instead of needing to create them within “Advanced Labels”.
- Added Brix calculations.
- Added new watermarked proposed Canadian new label formats and regulations.
- Added a new nutrient calculator for ingredients. This will allow you to calculate nutrients based on values entered for connected nutrients. For example, entering a value for Vitamin D – IU can calculate a value for Vitamin D – mcg.
- Recipe serving size can now be defined as a volume measurement.
- User created allergens can now be added to either the “contains” statement or “may contain” statement in the Modify Database window.
- Font can now be set for labels. Default font can be set in Preferences>Label. Individual recipes can change the label font in Edit Label>Object Properties>Label.
- Added a simplified option for Standard and Tabular dual column labels for US 2016 regulations.
- Vitamins and minerals can now be shown in 1 column or 2 in the 2016 US labels.
- Food Menu’s can now be exported to .exl from the Food Menu ribbon.
- The preference for “Regulation” will now default new labels to what is selected. Any new recipes were defaulting to US 2016 NLEA when 1990 was selected.
- Serving Size and Servings Per Container will now crop any additional line breaks at the end of the text.
- User code field length increase to 400 characters (from 40).
- Set the HACCP Heading Level max to 5 in Preferences. Setting this higher than 5 would cause the headings to disappear completely.
- The footnote in 2016 simplified adult tabular labels can now be shown on the bottom or the right.
- Added option to show copper, manganese, B1, B12, B2, and B6 to the hundredths place in 2016 labels.
- “Hide 4-4-9 Calorie Conversion Chart” is now checked on by default in any new recipes. This is due to the fact that the default calculation for calories in Genesis is not 4-4-9, making this statement optional.
- Added a statement to differentiate if you are showing %DV based on 1990 or 2016 regulations in the Nutrients tabs of Ingredients and Recipes.
- Nutrients shown in the “Nutrients” tab of ingredients and recipes should now follow your Nutrients to View, and the “Show All Nutrients” check box will stay checked until unchecked (previously closing the application would default back to unchecking “Show All Nutrients”).
- Fixed a bug where values in supplement labels would round incorrectly unless you used “Use Unrounded Values when Calculating %DV”.
- Fixed protein %DV for child US 2016 labels, this should now follow the PER score as intended.
- Bolding the name of a blend in a supplement label will no longer break the layout of the label.
- Added calorie value for Canadian label for Calories from Saturated + Trans Fat in both the English and French lines.
- After selecting Export Allergen Statement, “Export to File” will now be selected by default so that there is no possibility that nothing will be selected.
- Fixed a bug where hiding “Servings Per Container” in a US 2016 Aggregate label would cause the lines in the label to offset.
- Changed the font size of the “Not a significant source of…” footnote to be the same as the nutrients, as intended.
- Fixed a bug where the “Not a significant source of….” Footnote in simplified labels would sometimes appear in the wrong place in bilingual US 2016 labels.
- Fixed a bug where the secondary footnote symbol wouldn’t appear if selecting an override option.
- Fixed a bug where the report title would not appear on the first page of a printed report in some circumstances.
- Changed infant labels to default to show and round to tenths.
- Fixed the “Print” button in the Ingredient Statement to only print the selected items.
- Added functionality to the “Export” button for the Food Menu Report.
- Fixed a bug where the in Advanced Labels the Serving Size measure would stick to g, even when changed to ml.
- Fixed a bug where you could change the name of an Advanced Label to the name of another that already existed.
- Fixed a bug where there was an unintended asterisk in the <12 column of the US Child Dual label.
- Vitamin D IU is now optional (as intended) in linear labels.
- Fixed a bug where blank lines would be left in the label when changing recipes in an Advanced Labels supplement label.
- Unchecking “Align Values in Columns” for EU labels will no longer remove the parenthesis and asterisk for “Reference intake”.
- Fixed a bug where some nutrients (mostly Potassium) would not show as abbreviated when the label was set to show abbreviations.
- Fixed a bug where trans fat would show as English sometimes in US Spanish only labels.
- Fixed a bug where the DV border lines would not go the entire length of the label in 2016 US Dual Column Tabular labels.
- Rebuilt the values of ESHA ingredients for all the new nutrients for the 2016 labels (Added Sugars, new Fibers). This fixes the problem of missing values in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where unchecking "Show IU in Parens Following mcg (Revised Only)" would crash the application.
- Fixed a problem that would cause the program to crash when opening a tabular infant/child/pregnant label.
- In Mexican labels, when selecting “Carbohidratos totales”, the application would show “Carbohidratos” instead. That has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where “Serving Size” in the 2016 label would cut off when the Serving Size encompasses two lines.
- Fixed the wording for trans fat in Mexican labels to read “Acidos Grasos Trans” as required.
- Fixed a bug where Total Sugar and Sugar Alcohol would show in the insignificant statement even if “Show even if insignificant” is checked.
- Fixed linear child and pregnant 2016 labels to make servings per container before serving size as required.
- Corrected 2016 child labels to read “Total Sugars” instead of just Sugars.
- When Insert Footnote when nutrients are less than 2% is selected, any voluntary nutrients automatically hide their values as needed.
- 1990 US Supplements labels will now calculate protein %DV based on the entered PDCAA score again.
- Protein nutrient content claims will now correctly use %DV to verify claim instead of grams, and correctly factors in PDCAA score. Also added a message into the protein claim if you do not have a value for PDCAA score.
- Updated the protein quality report for the ideal amino acid ratio.
- Increased spacing so the measurement “Individual Package” wouldn’t overlap it’s measurement number.
- Database structure version 11.2.x required for Genesis version 11.2.x
- USDA Database: SR-28 (Unchanged)
- Canadian Database: CNF 2010 (Unchanged)
- Total foods in the database: 72,000+
- ESHA Port version 4.1 unchanged
- ESHA Security version 4.0.x unchanged
- Notes for the newest ESHA Port and Security versions can be found here.
- Internet Connection required for installation. DVD available on request for additional cost.
- Minimum of 2GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Client OS: Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP1), Windows SBS 2011 (SP1), Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Update1)
- SQL Server versions supported: SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 (including Express versions)
- .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later and .NET 3.5
- Visual C++ 2015 32 bit (installed with application)
- Click here for instructions on running the program on a Mac
- Improved the overall performance and refresh rate of the “View Label” report.
- Fixed a bug where the “[Symbol]Contains less than 2 percent of the daily value of these nutrients” statement would appear at the bottom of a label that didn’t contain that symbol anywhere.
- ml serving size is now possible to show on linear labels as intended.
- The right column on dual-column labels will now properly update when changed instead of needing to close then re-open the recipe.
- Fixed a bug where child tabular labels would leave a large white space to the right of the label.
- Fixed a bug where the “%DV=Daily Value” footnote would hide if choosing the hide the standard footnote in some cases.
- Removed an extra line on labels when the standard footnote is hidden.
- Added a small space between the standard footnote and the “Contains less than 2 percent…” footnote.